Hoburne St. Mabyn is located at St Mabyn, Bodmin, North Cornwall and is part of our Autograph Lodge Holidays Collection. The vacation rentals are tucked away on the edge of St Mabyn village Hoburne St. Mabyn in this idyllic lodge escape, perfect to relax and unwind in an environment that offers a tranquil quiet space. The vacation lodges are just 6 miles from Bodmin and 12 miles from Padstow, St. Mabyn provides a great base for exploring the countryside and coast of Cornwall. Also, new for 2019 this vacation lodge escape park is designed for anyone who wants to get away from it all and enjoy the peaceful surroundings. You will also receive a welcome food pack and dog-friendly pack (if you bring along your pet).
This vacation park is located on a pretty hilltop village of old cottages that are gathered around a popular inn, which dates all the back to the seventeenth century. The vacation lodges are located three miles east of Wadebridge on the edge of Bodmin Moor, both the village and the parish of St. Mabyn are named after St. Mabena, supposedly another one of the Welsh King Brychan's twenty-four children.
The earliest recorded priest who was in charge of the church of St. Mabyn was Roger de Warlegan in 1267. There are signs of much earlier habitation that can be found nearby at Kelly Rounds, an Iron Age hill fort that dates back to around 400 BC. There are no other villages in the parish of St. Mabyn, which is composed mostly of lush farmland. Several small manor houses which include Heligan and Colquite, whose incumbent, Sir Richard Serjeaux of Colquite Manor who became the High Sherriff of Cornwall in 1389. Tere is an arched bridge over the River Laine that separates St. Mabyn from the neighboring parish of St Kew.
St. Mabyn is a hilltop village that is reached by narrow lanes. The village consists of old cottages that are gathered around the village pub. St. Mabyn is a pretty village that is located on the edge of Bodmin Moor located about 3 miles east of the town of Wadebridge. Both the parish and the village are named after St. Mabena, a female who was supposedly one of 24 children of a 5th century Welsh King called Brychan Brycheiniog. The St. Mabyn parish church is Anglican and is also dedicated to Saint Mabena (474-550 AD). Saint Mabyn's day is celebrated on the 18th of November. The tower of the church is seventy-five feet high and the belfry has a ring of eight bells that allow for 5,030 changes to be rung. The earliest recorded Priest in charge was Roger de Warlegan 1267.
The popular St.Mabyn Inn dates from the 17th century, and began its life as a farmhouse, then became an alehouse, and to this day retains an old-world charm and excellent real ales. St. Mabyn's standing stone was broken up for gateposts in 1850 and a piece of the standing stone was relocated to Longstone crossroads on the western edge of Bodmin Moor where it now shares an area of the ground with the Penwine Cross.
More about this story can be found at: Hoseasons